[Haskell-cafe] External Core

Kirsten Chevalier catamorphism at gmail.com
Tue Feb 6 14:09:30 EST 2007

On 2/6/07, Ricky Barefield <aca03rdb at sheffield.ac.uk> wrote:

> I've tried running Happy on these files but get the error `Not enough type arguments for the type synonym "P"' when I try to run the resultant Parser.hs in Hugs and similar errors when run in GHC.
>

> What I'm trying to achieve is to read the hcr files into a Haskell data type which I could work with, if anyone could give me any help with using the files for manipulating Core I would be very grateful.

External Core isn't currently working correctly in the HEAD. Aaron
Tomb was working on this, I know (as per mailing lists posts on
cvs-ghc from November and December), but I don't know if he still is.

glasgow-haskell-users is a better place to discuss this.

Your best bet if you want to be able to use External Core may be to
fix it yourself. I know that's what I had to do! But, people on
glasgow-haskell-users and cvs-ghc will probably be happy to discuss it
with you.

Cheers,
Kirsten

--
Kirsten Chevalier* chevalier at alum.wellesley.edu *Often in error, never in doubt
"I saw no reason then why hell should not have, so to speak, visible branch