[Haskell-cafe] New to Haskell

Miguel Mitrofanov miguelimo38 at yandex.ru
Tue Dec 18 05:58:00 EST 2007

> >> As a user, I just want to be able to spot the basic components of a
> >> source
> >> file without thinking about transformation rules.
> > Well, most users are.
> Are what ?

Sorry if I've confused you. English isn't my native language. "Are able", of course.

> Have you asked them all ?

If you're unsure, we can vote here or somewhere else.

> >> Is this legal (`plus`) x y ?
> >
> > Never tried to write this myself, it looks stupid.
> What else haven't you tried to write by know ?

Well, I hope, I haven't tried to write the most of stupid-looking things.

> > What kind of guarantees do you want?
> Written in blood.

Write it yourself, I don't have too much blood.

> >> I just want the sistem to be able to print one of these expressions !
> >> Its this too much to ask ?
> > Yes, 'cause it means you want to embed almost all source code into the
> > compiled program.
> So ?

So, I don't know any compiler of any language which does it.