[Haskell-cafe] New to Haskell

Cristian Baboi cristi at ot.onrc.ro
Tue Dec 18 05:38:23 EST 2007

On Tue, 18 Dec 2007 12:25:18 +0200, Miguel Mitrofanov
<miguelimo38 at yandex.ru> wrote:

>> > Don't see your point.
>> The point is the syntax is introduced as transformation of layout form
>> non layout form.
>> As a user, I just want to be able to spot the basic components of a
>> source
>> file without thinking about transformation rules.

> Well, most users are.
Are what ?

"Able to spot" or "thinking about ..."
Have you asked them all ?

>> Is this legal (`plus`) x y ?
>
> Never tried to write this myself, it looks stupid.

What else haven't you tried to write by know ?

It's a kind of mirror, you know .

>> > then your putStrLn would be performed twice. IO actions are
>> first-class
>> > values, that's a feature, not a bug.
>> What guarantees that by running the main, the string "Hello world" will
>> be
>> printed exactly twice ?
>
> What kind of guarantees do you want?

Written in blood.

>> I just want the sistem to be able to print one of these expressions !
>> Its this too much to ask ?

> Yes, 'cause it means you want to embed almost all source code into the
> compiled program.

So ?

________ Information from NOD32 ________
This message was checked by NOD32 Antivirus System for Linux Mail Servers.
  part000.txt - is OK
http://www.eset.com