[Haskell-cafe] New to Haskell

John Meacham john at repetae.net
Wed Dec 19 19:25:25 EST 2007

On Tue, Dec 18, 2007 at 01:58:00PM +0300, Miguel Mitrofanov wrote:
> > > Yes, 'cause it means you want to embed almost all source code into the
> > > compiled program.
> > So ?
> So, I don't know any compiler of any language which does it.

Actually, it is a pretty fundamental feature of the lisp-derived
languages that they can self modify their own source, and hence keep
their own source representation all the way through runtime.

Haskell didn't go that route, well, because it is not a lisp. And that
is a-okay by me :) Though, it is certainly a valid and well explored
choice as far as language design goes.

    John

--
John Meacham - ⑆repetae.net⑆john⑈