[Haskell-cafe] Re: Problem with Gtk2hs

Andrew Coppin andrewcoppin at btinternet.com
Sat Dec 15 07:17:25 EST 2007

Ben Franksen wrote:
> Andrew Coppin wrote:
>
>> Uh... or maybe I could just wait until the next binary release. :-}
>>
>> *runs away*
>>

> I can understand that. However, the prudent thing to do is not to upgrade to
> a new ghc release until things have settled a bit; especially not if you
> want to avoid fixing library bugs (mostly build related) and most
> especially if you are on Windows. Ghc-6.6.1 is stable and IME most of the
> hackage stuff works out-of-the-box. (Note that Duncan gave you similar
> advice, although maybe it got lost beyond all the scary installation tips
> concerning gtk2hs under ghc-6.8.1;) Or /is/ there a special reason you need
> to use ghc-6.8.1?

Not really I guess. I was rather excited about the new debugger, but
other than that I guess I just like to use the newest version of
everything. And it would be annoying to have to downgrade now.

Still, it looks like there's an easy workaround for this particular
issue. (And I'm already explicitly checking array bounds anyway...)