[Haskell-cafe] Problem with Gtk2hs

Felipe Lessa felipe.lessa at gmail.com
Sun Dec 9 14:44:27 EST 2007

On Dec 8, 2007 6:33 PM, Andrew Coppin <andrewcoppin at btinternet.com> wrote:
> (Also, the documentation for Graphics.UI.Gtk.Misc.DrawingArea suggests
> that you may want to draw a Pixbuf using the pixbufRenderToDrawable
> function - but GHC complains that this function doesn't exist. I had to
> use drawPixbuf instead. Wow that has a lot of parameters... In
> particular, the final two don't seem to be documented. Interesting.
> They're both 0 in the "fastdraw" demo.)

Just for the record:
http://library.gnome.org/devel/gdk/unstable/gdk-Drawing-Primitives.html#gdk-draw-pixbuf

I have found that it's eventually useful to try to look at Gtk+
"official C" documentation when coding with a binding (not only with
Gtk2Hs, but also Gtk#, PyGtk, etc).

(Also, it seem the second argument should be "Maybe GC" as the C
documentation says it could be a NULL value.)

HTH,

--
Felipe.