[Haskell-cafe] trouble building regex-base 0.91 on ghc 6.7

Stefan O'Rear stefanor at cox.net
Fri Aug 17 15:00:19 EDT 2007

On Fri, Aug 17, 2007 at 02:40:33PM -0400, Thomas Hartman wrote:
> I'm trying to build the latest regex base, which is required for the other
> regex packages under ghc 6.7
>
> It complains that it can't find Data.Sequence, because it's in a hidden
> module containers. I added containers to the cabal depends as can be seen
> in the grep below.
>
> And containers isn't hidden when I do ghc-pkg list.
>
> What gives?
>
> Still getting used to cabal...

Did you re-run configure after changing the cabal file?

Also, what ghc-pkg says has absolutely nothing to do with this; the
options Cabal passes completely override the ghc-pkg exposure flags.I
can hardly fault you for not knowing the answer to a Cabal FAQ, since
Cabal doesn't actually have a FAQ list yet.

You are running into the same problem as
http://www.haskell.org/pipermail/haskell-cafe/2007-August/030276.html,
and most of my explanation there applies here.

Stefan