[Haskell-cafe] trouble building regex-base 0.91 on ghc 6.7

Thomas Hartman thomas.hartman at db.com
Fri Aug 17 15:51:03 EDT 2007

thanks stefan, I did remember that discussion (actually also an answer to
a question I asked.)

I got from that that previous help that I had to edit the cabal file.

The problem here, as you say, is that I had not re-run runghc Setup.hs
configure.

thanks,

thomas.

"Stefan O'Rear" <stefanor at cox.net>
08/17/2007 03:00 PM

Thomas Hartman/ext/dbcom at DBAmericas
cc
haskell-cafe <haskell-cafe at haskell.org>
Subject
Re: [Haskell-cafe] trouble building regex-base 0.91 on ghc 6.7

On Fri, Aug 17, 2007 at 02:40:33PM -0400, Thomas Hartman wrote:
> I'm trying to build the latest regex base, which is required for the
other
> regex packages under ghc 6.7
>
> It complains that it can't find Data.Sequence, because it's in a hidden
> module containers. I added containers to the cabal depends as can be
seen
> in the grep below.
>
> And containers isn't hidden when I do ghc-pkg list.
>
> What gives?
>
> Still getting used to cabal...

Did you re-run configure after changing the cabal file?

Also, what ghc-pkg says has absolutely nothing to do with this; the
options Cabal passes completely override the ghc-pkg exposure flags.I
can hardly fault you for not knowing the answer to a Cabal FAQ, since
Cabal doesn't actually have a FAQ list yet.

You are running into the same problem as
http://www.haskell.org/pipermail/haskell-cafe/2007-August/030276.html,
and most of my explanation there applies here.

Stefan
[attachment "signature.asc" deleted by Thomas Hartman/ext/dbcom]

---

e-mail is strictly forbidden.