[Haskell-cafe] Erlang VM in Haskell

Chaddaï Fouché chaddai.fouche at gmail.com
Wed Aug 15 20:36:08 EDT 2007

2007/8/16, Joel Reymont <joelr1 at gmail.com>:
> I'm doing this to learn more about the Erlang internals and to
> acquire some skills in the process. I'm also hoping to be at least as
> fast as the existing Erlang VM (written in C)

That don't seem too realistic since the Erlang development team is big
with much backing and very competent hacker behind it and C _is_
faster than Haskell if used properly (I guess you could make the
difference with better algorithms and data structures but that's where
the competence and size of the Erlang team makes it less likely).

But still it seems like a _very_ interesting project and it would be
awesome to have a fast (enough) VM for Erlang in Haskell ! ^^
Good luck !

--
Jedaï