[Haskell-cafe] best Linux for GHC?

Bulat Ziganshin bulat.ziganshin at gmail.com
Mon Nov 13 05:36:13 EST 2006

Hello Ketil,

Monday, November 13, 2006, 10:45:59 AM, you wrote:

>>> My friend offered me 3 variants: SuSe, Fedora Core 5, free variant of
>>> RedHat (i can't remember its name, may be Ubuntu?)
> CentOS, perhaps?  It is usually good advice to choose whatever your
> friends are using,

thanks to everyone who answered my question!

as you say, FC and CentOS are not ideal for me. Gentoo is too
good for me, it is for unix geeks while i just don't have resources to
play one more Game. i think that i will install it on my next box

of remaining, Ubuntu has widest support here while SuSe is favourite
of my friend. one thing that i like in suse is that it uses the same
RPMs as RedHat and RPMs is widely used for packaging software
available via internet. Is Ubuntu supports RPMs too?

--
Best regards,
 Bulat                            mailto:Bulat.Ziganshin at gmail.com