[Haskell-cafe] Is there a printable copy of the (GHC) library references anywhere?

Neil Mitchell ndmitchell at gmail.com
Wed Dec 27 16:00:24 EST 2006

Hi Paul,

> You're right - if I think about it, I'm not really looking for "the
> documentation", but more a paper or article which is "a tour of the
> GHC standard library".

A tour of the Prelude:

http://undergraduate.csse.uwa.edu.au/units/230.301/lectureNotes/tourofprelude.html

Only a few of the standard libraries are useful unless you are doing
something specific. i.e. Data.Maybe is generally useful, but
Control.Monad.State is only useful if you are using a state monad.

If someone wrote a tour of Data.List/Data.Maybe as well as a few
common functions out of Control.Monad that would probably make a nice
companion to a tour of the prelude.

Thanks

Neil