[Haskell-cafe] Is there a printable copy of the (GHC) library references anywhere?

Paul Moore p.f.moore at gmail.com
Wed Dec 27 15:53:33 EST 2006

On 12/27/06, Kirsten Chevalier <catamorphism at gmail.com> wrote:
> (Personally I wouldn't find it at all
> useful to have a printed copy of the library docs, even though I do
> like printed manuals, because I only ever consult them to look up a
> specific function or type, which is a lot easier to do in the
> hypertext version -- but YMMV.)

You're right - if I think about it, I'm not really looking for "the
documentation", but more a paper or article which is "a tour of the
GHC standard library". That's something that would be really useful
from a beginner's POV - and would be more useful than the reference
documentation in printed form. There seems to be a lot in the standard
library, but very little in the way of pointers on how much there is
(if that makes sense...)

Anyway, thanks for getting me to clarify my thoughts - I'll see what I
can find, and maybe write up anything I discover.

Paul.