[Haskell-cafe] Is there a printable copy of the (GHC) library references anywhere?

Kirsten Chevalier catamorphism at gmail.com
Wed Dec 27 11:47:29 EST 2006

On 12/27/06, Paul Moore <p.f.moore at gmail.com> wrote:
> I'd like to print out a copy of the GHC manuals, for reference. I've
> got the Haskell 98 report, and the GHC user guide, but the only
> documentation I've found for the hierarchical libraries is in HTML
> format (generated from Haddock).
>
> Is there a printable (preferably PDF) form of the library
> documentation? Either all of it, or alternatively reasonably large
> subsets?

There may be an easier way, but if nothing else, you could download
the HTML.tar.gz file for the library docs and then use latex2html to
generate TeX to generate a PDF. (Personally I wouldn't find it at all
useful to have a printed copy of the library docs, even though I do
like printed manuals, because I only ever consult them to look up a
specific function or type, which is a lot easier to do in the
hypertext version -- but YMMV.)

Cheers,
Kirsten

--
Kirsten Chevalier* chevalier at alum.wellesley.edu *Often in error, never in doubt
"All we can ever do is lay a word in the hands of those who have put one in