[Haskell-cafe] I'd like start with Haskell, but...

Bryan Burgers bryan.burgers at gmail.com
Sat Dec 16 15:55:13 EST 2006

> That said, if I was writing a GUI+database thing, which doesn't do a
> lot of substantial processing (more just Add/Edit/Delete buttons), I'd
> definately use C# over Haskell. Haskell can do this, but you are
> walking a relatively new path. On the other hand C# developers do this
> day in, day out, and the language is optimised towards it.

I agree with Neil here. I've been working with Haskell for a while and
I wouldn't have the foggiest idea of how to start a GUI / Database
project. After working with C# for about a week, I had a substantial
GUI / Database program going for a company I interned with last
summer. Haskell is good for a lot of things, and I'm sure somebody
someday will show me that Haskell is even great for GUI/Database, but
you should always use the right tool for the job, and for your job,
I'd say C# is the right tool.

Bryan Burgers