[Haskell-cafe] Writing "Haskell For Dummies Or At Least For People Who Feel Like Dummies When They See The Word 'Monad'"

Kirsten Chevalier catamorphism at gmail.com
Mon Dec 11 12:44:48 EST 2006

On 12/11/06, Andrew Wagner <wagner.andrew at gmail.com> wrote:
> I think there are some great ideas here, and it would be a fantastic
> project to do as a community, via a wikibook. I, for one, have been
> studying haskell for several months, and am just starting to see a
> little bit of light when it comes to monads. I think it would be
> beneficial to work through a non-trivial construction of a new monad,
> and the larger examples given would be good opportunities to do that.

If you (or anyone else who's been participating in the discussion, or
anyone else) would like to do a wikibook, that would be great.
Personally, I'd like to write / be involved in organizing the writing
of a dead-trees book. (In theory, it could be both, but it seems to me
like short of being Larry Lessig, there's not really a way to get a
publisher to publish something that's already released under a free
documentation license -- but correct me if I'm wrong.)

Cheers,
Kirsten

--
Kirsten Chevalier* chevalier at alum.wellesley.edu *Often in error, never in doubt
"There's no money in poetry, but there's no poetry in money, either."