[Haskell-cafe] Re: fptools in darcs now available

Andre Pang ozone at algorithm.com.au
Sun May 1 22:03:31 EDT 2005

On 02/05/2005, at 4:28 AM, Sven Panne wrote:

> So my question in a nutshell: Why shall we move away from the
> mainstream
> when the rest of the world (or most of) is quite happy with CVS or is
> moving to subversion? I'm not completely against it, but we should
> have
> very, very good reasons to do so.

Darcs will have one major advantage over Subversion for a particular
project in fptools: GHC.  There are plenty of folks who I think would
like to branch GHC for their own experimental use (I already know of
one such person in my own research group), which where Darcs's
distributed model really helps.  While Subversion is much, much
better than CVS -- I use it everyday at work -- I think users being
able to make their own branches of GHC is a compelling case for using
Darcs.

--
% Andre Pang : trust.in.love.to.save  <http://www.algorithm.com.au/>