[Haskell-cafe] RE: [Haskell] fptools mirror in darcs ready for testing

Simon Marlow simonmar at microsoft.com
Thu Dec 8 06:20:43 EST 2005

On 07 December 2005 13:06, John Goerzen wrote:

> On Wed, Dec 07, 2005 at 11:02:29AM +0000, Duncan Coutts wrote:
>>> Also please note that these repos are READ ONLY for now.  Nobody
>>> will be accepting darcs patches until Simon (or someone) gives the
>>> word.
>>
>> When that does happen, it'd be great if the repos specified a default
>> 'darcs send' email address so that people do not have to guess where
>> to send their patches.
>
> Yes, they will.  Simon is thinking of having that be the appropriate
> cvs-*@haskell.org list.  Right now, this isn't happening because there
> is no good place to send them.

I think the cvs-* lists are fine.

> Speaking of which: how long do we want to keep this interim
> arrangement before switching to darcs completely?

I'm not sure yet!  So far I haven't used it in anger enough, though as
Duncan points out it's hard to really use it until we can commit darcs
changes using darcs.

Certainly performance of the --partial tree seems good enough, though I
don't like that I can't see the history for individual files.  I can't
get browsing to work using Trac: with the full darcs repository it takes
too long to do anything (like 10 seconds to bring up a directory), and
with the --partial one it can't browse propely, presumably because there
isn't per-file history.

Cheers,
	Simon