[Haskell-cafe] Re: [Haskell] pros and cons of static typing andside effects ?

Ralf Lammel ralfla at microsoft.com
Tue Aug 16 17:31:23 EDT 2005

Technically this is trivial it seems. I think that some people consider this proposal a problem because typos (misspelled type parameters) immediately lead to the accidental exploration of a more advanced type-system feature and correspondingly more involved error messages. Of course, the type checker could perhaps consider adding "Did you really mean to ...?".

Ralf