[Haskell-cafe] Seeking a small bug-fix for previously-posted code

Andy Elvey andy.elvey at paradise.net.nz
Tue Aug 16 20:15:57 EDT 2005

Stefan Holdermans wrote:

> Andy,
>
>> Many thanks again - I'll make this my last post for at least a week
>> or two (to give others some bandwidth) -
>

> Well, if you are having difficulties learning the language, you really
> shouldn't hold back on asking questions, of course. So, please, do ask
> those questions. I can recommend visiting the #haskell IRC channel at
> irc.freenode.net: there are always lots of capable people out there
> that are willing to help you set those first steps in Haskell.
>
> Good luck,
>
> Stefan

   Hi Stefan - thanks for this!

   I'm having a really good time getting into Haskell (and the resources
and links that have been mentioned should be very useful too.   :-)

   (  And yep - if I have problems I'll pop in a question or two to the
list ;-)

 The other thing I'm "keeping tabs" on is the "ICFP" programming
contest.  I've known of that for quite a while (well before I started
using Haskell), and even though the code of the winners is often pretty
daunting, it's interesting as well - (and great to see the ingenious
solutions that people come up with . )

   Bye for now -
 - Andy