[Haskell-cafe] Toy application advice wanted

Frank Atanassow franka at cs.uu.nl
Fri May 7 14:47:37 EDT 2004

On May 6, 2004, at 6:59 PM, S. Alexander Jacobson wrote:

> I think someone wrote a book about multi-media
> apps in Haskell (I've seen a chapter somewhere
> from Conal Elliot) but I don't remember what it
> was.

Probably Paul Hudak's "The Haskell School of Expression".

   http://www.haskell.org/soe/

I had forgotten about this; maybe the soundwave GUI app idea is not so
unrealistic? I haven't read SOE, but my impression is that it comes
with a simple graphics library, and an on-topic book might get a novice
up to speed quickly.

Regards,
Frank