[Haskell-cafe] Toy application advice wanted

S. Alexander Jacobson alex at i2x.com
Thu May 6 13:59:11 EDT 2004

Faced with trying to climb Haskell's (steep!)
learning curve, I wrote a simple (in-memory) rdbms
in under 1000 lines of code (something I will use
anyway if I eventually adopt Haskell as the
implementation language for my prospective app).
Being able to do that certainly impressed me!

OTOH, it occurs to me now that another approach
might have been to try and read/understand/modify
an existing Haskell program in the category of
your intended app.

I think someone wrote a book about multi-media
apps in Haskell (I've seen a chapter somewhere
from Conal Elliot) but I don't remember what it

S. Alexander Jacobson                  mailto:me at alexjacobson.com
tel:917-770-6565                       http://alexjacobson.com