[Haskell-cafe] Partially-applied type synonyms?

Lyle Kopnicky lists at qseep.net
Tue Aug 31 12:55:10 EDT 2004

Sorry, I don't think I made myself clear.  I'm not defining PI, it's the
standard type binding operator, like lambda is the variable binding
operator.  Maybe I could write it as 'II' so it looks more like a
capital pi.  It's not a feature of Haskell, but part of type theory
(dependent types).  I was mixing and matching and making it look like
Haskell.  So instead of 'PI r -> ContT r m', I could write 'flip ContT',
except that 'flip' needs to work on a type level instead of a value
level.  Or I could write '(`ContT` m)', or 'ContT _ m', where the '_' is
a hole.  Does this make sense now?

Regards,
Lyle Kopnicky