[Haskell-cafe] Partially-applied type synonyms?

Chung-chieh Shan ccshan at post.harvard.edu
Mon Aug 30 21:56:28 EDT 2004

On 2004-08-30T17:09:39-0700, Lyle Kopnicky wrote:
> Unfortunately, I need 'PI r -> ContT r m', along with a and r, to be a
> member of the MonadPCont class (PI is the type binding operator).  So I
> thought I'd define ContT' to take the arguments the other way around.
> Unfortunately, it can't be partially applied.

What's your definition of PI?  I suspect you simply need to define a
newtype that wraps around 'PI r -> ContT r m'.

See also:

Wadler, Philip L. 1994.  Monads and composable continuations.  Lisp and
Symbolic Computation 7(1): 39-56.
http://homepages.inf.ed.ac.uk/wadler/topics/monads.html#composable

--
Edit this signature at http://www.digitas.harvard.edu/cgi-bin/ken/sig