pipe through external process?

John Meacham john@repetae.net
Mon, 16 Jul 2001 16:03:09 -0700

I am trying to implement a function which takes a string, pipes it
through an external command and returns the stdout of teh command
utilizing the Posix library and ghc.

first of all, if someone has this handy code tidbit already written then
feel free to send it to me. the other thing is that I cannot figure out
how to get data into and out of the process. I can create a pipe which
returns a pair of Fd's but then i cannot pass these into runProcess
since it expects handles. also I have no ability to wait for the
termination of the command that runProcess starts...

it is always possible i am just overlooking a few key functions in Posix...

	John
John Meacham - California Institute of Technology, Alum. - john@repetae.net