pipe through external process?

Jean-Baptiste Robertson jbr@gmx.fr
Tue, 17 Jul 2001 02:08:22 +0100

Hi,

The POSIX functions you may want to try are open2 and open3.
Much trouble come from the Unix buffering : as you can't force
autoflushed output from the command, you'll simply have a deadlock 99%
of the time.
A solution (used in scsh, I think) is to send the stdout in a file and
then
to read the file.

HTH
jb