Portable GUI levels (was: Re: [GUI] Re: Gtk and Object I/O)

Nick Name nick.name@inwind.it
Mon, 27 Jan 2003 23:46:17 +0100

>  However, such an approach wouldn't actually save us anything.
>  Sometimes it's necessary to generate interfaces programmatically
>  (e.g. an HTML browser needs to be able to generate forms), so
>  ultimately we would still need a programmatic interface for creating
>  and placing widgets.

It's not difficult to design an XML renderer that allows dynamic
modification of named (well formed) subdocuments. Surely the interest of
such a thing is bigger than the haskell scope (because a server would be
useable by many languages), and smaller than the haskell GUI scope
(because here we are looking for a quick and not so bad solution).

I mentioned it for those who wish to reimplement a backend from scratch,
since I would like the advantages of such a solution, but I see that
Ports and GTK are taking precedence :)

Vincenzo

--
Teatri vuoti e inutili potrebbero affollarsi
se tu ti proponessi di recitare te