Proposal process status

Adam Foltzer acfoltzer at gmail.com
Wed Jul 20 21:16:27 UTC 2016

I really appreciate you putting so much work into this. It is very
important, and I believe could do much to increase awareness of and
participation in these processes.

I've left most of my thoughts as line comments on the proposal document,
but since discussion of platform choice is taking place here, I'll quote
the Motivations section:

   1. Higher than necessary barrier-to-entry.

For the purposes of this proposal, whether we would prefer a competing
alternative is secondary to the fact that a Github account has become a
very low common denominator for people wishing to participate in the
development of open source projects. If we decide to proceed with a
non-Github platform, we need to make a compelling case that the alternate
choice does not raise the barrier to entry, or else we need to decide that
we have different priorities for this effort.

Thanks,
Adam