fatal error with ghci and llvm

José Romildo Malaquias j.romildo at gmail.com
Fri Nov 23 21:03:54 CET 2012

Hello.

When experimenting with the module LLVM.Core in GHCi on my gentoo linux
system, I have got a fatal error:

$ ghci
GHCi, version 7.6.1: http://www.haskell.org/ghc/  :? for help

Prelude> :m + LLVM.Core

Prelude LLVM.Core> IntEQ

GHCi runtime linker: fatal error: I found a duplicate definition for symbol
   LLVMAddAlwaysInlinerPass
whilst processing object file
   /usr/lib64/llvm/libLLVMipo.a
This could be caused by:
   * Specifying the same object file twice on the GHCi command line
   * An incorrect `package.conf' entry, causing some object to be
     loaded twice.
GHCi cannot safely continue in this situation.  Exiting now.  Sorry.

Any clues?