proposal: separate lists for ghc-cvs commits and ghc-dev chatter

Ian Lynagh ian at well-typed.com
Thu Dec 6 17:55:03 CET 2012

On Thu, Dec 06, 2012 at 06:25:49PM +0200, Roman Cheplyaka wrote:

> +1. I'd like to follow GHC development discussions, but getting all the
> commits is too much.

I'm surprised by this, FWIW. I think skimming the commits is a good way
to get an idea of what's going on, while discussions between developers
tend to be focussed on particular obscure points (e.g. discussing
correctness of a murky corner in the intersection between 2 new type
system extensions, or discussing the way PIC is handled on OSX/PowerPC)
which I wouldn't have thought were of much interest to any party not
involved in the discussion and familiar with the details.

Anyway, I'm not really too fussed about what mailing lists we have. I'll
just subscribe to them all anyway  :-)

Thanks
Ian