Windows build problems

Bill Tutt bill at
Fri Sep 16 03:22:34 CEST 2011

On Thu, Sep 15, 2011 at 9:01 PM, Bill Tutt <bill at> wrote:
> I ended up getting an error during stage 2 about the iconv.dll not
> being findable. (I'm guessing the new msys/mingw autosmarted GHC
> boot/configure or cabal configure process somehow ....)

Yep. This is most likely the problem. -liconv wasn't found during
Simon's 8/23 ghc-HEAD build on Windows:

cabal configure of libraries\base found a working -liconv
from one of:

The in tree mingw is picking up /lib/libiconv.a but apparently
libraries\base\configure doesn't require it to be a shared library.