Installing syb(-0.1.03) package in head version of Haskell

Christian Maeder Christian.Maeder at
Wed Feb 24 09:08:08 EST 2010

Simon Marlow schrieb:
> On 24/02/2010 12:28, Christian Maeder wrote:
>> It is not sufficient for me to reinstall this package with this utf8
>> setting. (I think ghc-pkg needs to be fixed or maybe recompiled under
>> utf8.)
> There was a missing hSetEncoding, so that ghc-pkg is writing this file
> using the current locale rather than UTF-8, but reading it back as
> UTF-8.  So I'm surprised that temporarily setting your locale to UTF-8
> doesn't work around it - what happens?

No idea, the last step of installing is:

Registering syb-
/local/maeder/bin/ghc-pkg update - --global --no-user-package-conf -v2

The standard input passed to ghc-pkg is utf8 coded (independent of my
LANG setting), but the output file written
syb- is always ISO-8859.

HTH Christian