Installing syb(-0.1.03) package in head version of Haskell

Christian Maeder Christian.Maeder at dfki.de
Wed Feb 24 07:28:05 EST 2010

Simon Marlow schrieb:
> [...]

Right, this is a latin1 locale and the whole compiler was created with
this setting.

I think "ghc-pkg upate - ..." creates the latin1 file.

(I've some latin1 source files that need this setting.)

The LANGUAGE variable is properly a left-over typing error and not
relevant. And "LC_ALL" does not seem to take precedence over LANG on my
(SuSE) system.

>>> And you got that by just 'cabal install syb'?  What version of
>>> cabal-install?  (cabal --version)
>>
>> No, just by the Setup, configure, build, install procedure.
>>
>> "ghc-pkg describe syb" and "ghc-pkg dump" create UTF-8 output.
>
> Aha, I think I see where the bug is. Thanks folks, we'll have it fixed
> in 6.12.2.  In the meantime you should use a UTF-8 locale, eg.
> LANG=en_US.utf8.

It is not sufficient for me to reinstall this package with this utf8
setting. (I think ghc-pkg needs to be fixed or maybe recompiled under utf8.)

Cheers Christian