Installing syb(-0.1.03) package in head version of Haskell

Christian Maeder Christian.Maeder at
Tue Feb 23 13:46:56 EST 2010

Ross Paterson schrieb:
> On Tue, Feb 23, 2010 at 03:05:56PM -0000, Bayley, Alistair wrote:
>> Just a wild guess, but the package description has this non-ascii text:
>> author:                 Ralf Lämmel, Simon Peyton Jones
>> It could well be Latin-1 encoded, rather than UTF8.
> No, syb- is UTF-8-encoded (conforming to the Cabal docs).

My guess would be that the "locale" is not properly set. The environment
variable LANG should be set to something shown by "locale -a" (i.e
en_GB). Other LC_* variables should not be set.
The variables should not be "C" or "POSIX".

(I was able to install syb- without a problem)

Cheers Christian