Releasing extralibs

Duncan Coutts duncan.coutts at worc.ox.ac.uk
Fri Oct 10 23:50:48 EDT 2008

On Fri, 2008-10-10 at 19:42 -0700, Duncan Coutts wrote:
> These are the actions we need to take:

Note that the changes to the exception handling in this package means
the following packages no longer build with ghc-6.8.x:

      * HUnit
      * network
      * stm (also imports a new function from GHC.*)

All the others still work with 6.8.2.

>From the network.cabal file it looks like someone intended it to work
with both. STM is not fixable due to the new function it needs from the
GHC.* modules.

We should decide if we want to fix HUnit and network or just adjust the
dependencies to specify base 4.

Duncan