libedit-20080712-2.11 under x86 Solaris

Christian Maeder Christian.Maeder at
Fri Oct 10 06:15:06 EDT 2008

Judah Jacobson wrote:
> Strange; it seems like terminfo isn't looking in the right location
> for the xterm files.  Incidentally, the "dumb" terminal settings may
> be deficient when you type a line longer than the terminal width.
> What OS is this?  Did you download and install (n)curses manually?

SunOS 5.10 Generic_137112-07 i86pc i386 i86pc

In fact ncurses was the problem. My LD_LIBRARY_PATH pointed to a copied
version of (pointing to that was
later replaced by our admins (maybe they've noticed such a problem, too).

Now it works. Thanks and sorry for the trouble.

> Can you use some program to monitor the filesystem (for example,
> fs_usage on OS X) and see where the program is looking for the
> terminfo databases?

(I didn't find something)

Cheers Christian