libedit-20080712-2.11 under x86 Solaris

Judah Jacobson judah.jacobson at gmail.com
Fri Oct 10 02:06:43 EDT 2008

On Thu, Oct 9, 2008 at 9:03 AM, Christian Maeder
<Christian.Maeder at dfki.de> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've installed libedit-20080712-2.11 (from sources) for
> ghc-6.10.0.20081007 under x86 Solaris.
>
> However, ghci comes up with:
>
> GHCi, version 6.10.0.20081007: http://www.haskell.org/ghc/  :? for help
> No entry for terminal type "xterm";
> using dumb terminal settings.
> Prelude>
>
> The keys work, but how do I get rid of
>
>  No entry for terminal type "xterm";
>  using dumb terminal settings.
>
> ?
>
> I have a file
> /usr/local/share/terminfo/x/xterm
> (but no terminfo under /usr/share/)
>
> Any ideas?
> Thanks Christian

Strange; it seems like terminfo isn't looking in the right location
for the xterm files.  Incidentally, the "dumb" terminal settings may
be deficient when you type a line longer than the terminal width.

What OS is this?  Did you download and install (n)curses manually?

Can you use some program to monitor the filesystem (for example,
fs_usage on OS X) and see where the program is looking for the
terminfo databases?

-Judah