Judah Jacobson judah.jacobson at
Fri Oct 10 05:03:19 EDT 2008

On Wed, Oct 8, 2008 at 1:09 PM, Ian Lynagh <igloo at> wrote:
> We are pleased to announce that the GHC snapshot is the
> first release candidate for GHC 6.10.1.
> You can download the release candidate from here:
> This page includes:
> * a Windows installer
> * an OS X installer
> * bindists for amd64/Linux and ix86/Linux
> * the sources
> There is also a status page here:
> where we will keep track of where the RC works, and where it is known to
> have problems. This is a wiki page, so please feel free to update it if
> you are able to add or update the information on a particular platform.
> Please test as much as possible; bugs are much cheaper if we find them
> before the release!
> We hope that we will be able to make the final release in around one
> weeks time, but of course that may slip if problems are uncovered.
> Thanks
> Ian, on behalf of the GHC team

Once small thing I've noticed: UserInterrupt (ctr-c) exceptions are
not thrown in ghci, probably because it installs its own signal

Prelude Control.Exception Control.Concurrent> handle (\UserInterrupt
-> putStrLn "Caught!") (threadDelay 2000000)

For consistency between the compiled and interpreted environments, it
would be nice if the above could catch the ctrl-c.  But maybe there's
a reason not to do this?  If this change sounds OK, I can take a look
at this and try to put together a patch over the weekend.