problem with echo prompting in ghci (visible in emacs)

Conal Elliott conal at conal.net
Tue Nov 11 19:41:31 EST 2008

ghci echoes all of my input in emacs, when run via haskell-mode or via "M-x
shell", which then confuses various useful haskell-mode features.  I built
it from sources.  At the time I didn't have libedit-dev, so today I
installed libedit-dev (version 2.11~20080614 on ubuntu), did a clean make &
install, and I get exactly the same behavior.

Does anyone have experience in getting through this problem?  Willing to
help me out?

Thanks,

  - Conal