network package

C.M.Brown cmb21 at
Sun Jan 13 15:44:35 EST 2008

Thanks for everyone's help with this so far. However, I'm having some
problems using cabal:

Whenever I try to

runghc Setup.hs install

a cabal file (I've tried parsec and network) I get an error message
similar to this:

Setup.hs: parsec.cabal:15: Unknown field 'build-type'

I tried to install Cabal from darcs and I also got an error message when
trying to configure:

Setup.lhs: cabal-install.cabal:30: Invalid syntax (no colon after field

Does anyone else have these problems? Or, am I doing something obviously