Tiger installer [was: Re: ANN: Mac installer pkg for GHC - 6.8.2.20080211 trial release (Leopard, Intel)]

Yitzchak Gale gale at sefer.org
Wed Feb 13 12:51:21 EST 2008

Manuel M T Chakravarty wrote:
> Try this
>    http://www.cse.unsw.edu.au/~chak/haskell/GHC-6.9.20080213-i386.dmg

I got it, but there were some download problems. I hope the
file is intact. It has exactly 44740924 bytes. Perhaps you
could send me an md5sum to be certain.

> Have a look whether that installs on Tiger
> (I am pretty sure it will)

It did.

> and whether you can run /usr/bin/ghci (not so sure about that).

It didn't.

$ /usr/bin/ghci
Bus error

In the readme, you say that I require Xcode 3.0. Tiger came with
Xcode 2.4.1, and I have not updated it. (I tried once, but the
download was so huge that I decided to forget it unless there
was some real need.) Could that be part of the problem?

Thanks,
Yitz