Tiger installer [was: Re: ANN: Mac installer pkg for GHC - 6.8.2.20080211 trial release (Leopard, Intel)]

Manuel M T Chakravarty chak at cse.unsw.edu.au
Tue Feb 12 23:14:21 EST 2008

>> The above package is for Intel Leopard... it should be possible to
>> build packages on Leopard that run on both Tiger and Leopard.  (I
>> could give that a try if anybody with a Tiger box is willing to play
>> guinea pig.)
>
> I volunteer. What do I need to do?

Try this
   http://www.cse.unsw.edu.au/~chak/haskell/GHC-6.9.20080213-i386.dmg

It's a quick build of todays HEAD with only the boot libraries.  Have
a look whether that installs on Tiger (I am pretty sure it will) and
whether you can run /usr/bin/ghci (not so sure about that).  If it
works that far, please compile some small Haskell program and see
whether you can run the compiled program.  If we are very lucky and
all of this works, please try to compile ghc itself with the compiler
in the package.

Thanks,
Manuel

PS: It's a dmg this time around, because apparently only 10.5 packages
are single file archives.