kind error

Matthew Pocock matthew.pocock at ncl.ac.uk
Tue Oct 23 08:56:03 EDT 2007

Hi,

> Hello,

> data DecoratedFormula = DF{formula  :: Formula,
>                           iformula ::  IFormula}
>
> type FastClause = MH.Min US.Set DecoratedFormula

> FastClause.hs:71:25:
>    `US.Set' is not applied to enough type arguments
>    Expected kind `*', but `US.Set' has kind `* -> *'
>    In the type synonym declaration for `FastClause'

My hunch would be that US.Set is expecting to be a set of something
("US.Set a" for example) and that the first type argument of MH.Min is
expecting a type that can be used right away, rather than one that is
waiting for a type parameter.

So - did you mean something like:

type FastClause = MH.Min (US.Set DecoratedFormula)

Or perhaps something completely different?

Matthew