Getting source code

richardg at richardg.name richardg at richardg.name
Wed Nov 7 14:38:40 EST 2007

Hello

I'm trying to get the source code for development purposes (helping add
some Haddock documentation for TH).  I tried following the steps listed on
http://hackage.haskell.org/trac/ghc/wiki/Building/GettingTheSources and
ran into trouble.

I downloaded ghc-HEAD-2007-08-29-ghc-corelibs-testsuite.tar.bz2 and
continued through the steps.  On step 3, I received an error message from
darcs:
$ darcs pull -a
Pulling from "http://darcs.haskell.org/ghc"...
This is the GHC darcs repository (HEAD branch)

For more information, visit the GHC developer wiki at
  http://hackage.haskell.org/trac/ghc
**********************
darcs: getCurrentDirectory: resource exhausted (Too many open files)

I tried using darcs get but I think I ran into the same case issue as on
Windows:
$ darcs get http://darcs.haskell.org/ghc
This is the GHC darcs repository (HEAD branch)

For more information, visit the GHC developer wiki at
  http://hackage.haskell.org/trac/ghc
**********************
Copying patch 17349 of 17349... done.
Applying patch 12 of 17349... Unapplicable patch:
Thu Jan 11 07:26:13 MST 1996  partain
  * [project @ 1996-01-11 14:06:51 by partain]

darcs failed:  Error applying hunk to file ./ghc/includes/rtsTypes.lh

I'm using GHC 6.6.1 (binary distribution) and darcs 1.0.9 (can't remember
if it's binary distribution or if I compiled it myself) on Mac OS X
10.4.10 for Intel.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Richard