Template Haskell documentation

Alfonso Acosta alfonso.acosta at gmail.com
Wed Nov 7 10:35:05 EST 2007

Hi Richard,

> I'm trying to learn how to use Template Haskell and I'm finding that the
> documentation is sparse.  In particular, the constructors for Dec, Exp,
> Con, etc. in Language.Haskell.TH.Syntax aren't explained.

Yes, absolutely true. I myself had to look at the sources when I first
used TH to find out what the types exactly meant.

Just in case, you can find the definition of the types in

http://darcs.haskell.org/packages/template-haskell/Language/Haskell/TH/Syntax.hs

There are helpful comments for each type (but unfortunatelly they are
not annotated using haddock syntax)

> Would documentation patches be welcomed for this library?

Certainly!