GHC 6.6 for OS X using MacPorts

Gregory Wright gwright at comcast.net
Fri Oct 27 11:04:11 EDT 2006

On Oct 27, 2006, at 10:25 AM, C.M.Brown wrote:

> Hi Greg,
>
> I have just been trying to install ghc 6.6 using Darwin Ports, but the
> search facility can't find ghc-6.6. :
>
> sudo port selfupdate
> DarwinPorts base version 1.320 installed
> Downloaded MacPorts base version 1.320
> The MacPorts installation is not outdated and so was not updated
> selfupdate done!
>
> dhcp2940:~ cmb21$ port search ghc
> ghc                            lang/ghc       6.4.2        The
> Glorious
> Glasgow Haskell Compilation System
> ghc-devel                      lang/ghc-devel 6.5          The
> Glorious
> Glasgow Haskell Compilation System (development version)
>
> dhcp2940:~ cmb21$
>
> Am I doing something wrong?

No, just give the servers a few hours to run their update scripts.
Then the new portfiles will be available by selfupdate. (I confess I do
not know how often these days the scripts run, but it is at least a
couple
of times per day, IIRC.)

If by, say, 0000 UTC 28 Oct 2006 you don't see the new portfiles, let
me know.
Something might be wacky with the server.

Sorry for the delay.

Best Wishes,
Greg