GHC 6.6 for OS X using MacPorts

Aaron Tomb atomb at
Fri Oct 27 12:42:30 EDT 2006

The Portfile has made it to the servers, but installation doesn't
complete successfully for me (on Intel/10.4.8). The first issue is
that something happens to the dynamic library lookup path so the
configure check for a working C compiler fails with a dyld error. I
managed to fix this with the following:

   cd /usr
   mkdir i686-apple-darwin8
   cd i686-apple-darwin8
   ln -s ../lib

This allows configure to complete, but then it seems to have trouble
finding the bootstrap compiler. I've attached the entire output,
since I think context is important. If it seems more appropriate for
this discussion to continue on the MacPorts mailing list, let me know.