WinHugs for GHCi, prompt feature

Duncan Coutts duncan.coutts at worc.ox.ac.uk
Mon Feb 13 16:52:19 EST 2006

On Mon, 2006-02-13 at 21:13 +0000, Neil Mitchell wrote:

> > Hmm. Drag 'n drop. Yeah we'll have to look into that. I believe it is
> > supposed to work but we've not made those features available yet.

> Mike Dodd's was giving some prodding on my behalf, for Yhe. I think in
> the end he just got really confused by a pile of API documentation,
> all of which was only slightly true (mainly on the GTK side, not
> Gtk2Hs). In particular drag and drop of files, which is a bit harder
> than other data (apparently).

Sorry the issue rather dropped off our radar. We've been concentrating
on tree view api improvements recently.

> There are many infidelities vs Windows, particularly the menu bars are
> just all wrong (they have gradient shading of the wrong colour,
> windows ones are not gradiented). If there was some easy way to report
> these graphical bugs, I might give it a go.

Just report them in the Gtk+ bugzilla:

http://bugzilla.gnome.org/

File them against: the "Gtk+" application (which is in the "Platform"
section) and select the "Win32" component.

It's best if you can attach a screenshot of a Gtk+ and a native app and
highlight the area that is different. A zoomed in screenshot would be
even better.

File one bug per issue, eg a different one for menus vs toolbars. Be
sure to mention which Windows version you're using and which theme it's
running.

Duncan