Compiling Haskell on an UltraSparc/NetBSD

Stephane Bortzmeyer stephane at
Mon Nov 15 16:16:24 EST 2004

[Not subscribed to haskell-users so please copy me the answers.]

To compile the revision control system Darcs (,
I need Haskell but I'm not myself a Haskell user.

My machine is an UltraSparc 10 running NetBSD 1.6.2 userland and 2.0

There is a package source for Glasgow Haskell, so, let's try in

% make
checking build system type... sparc64-unknown-netbsd2.0.
checking host system type... sparc64--netbsd
checking target system type... sparc64--netbsd
Unrecognised platform: sparc64--netbsd
gmake: Entering directory
../mk/ ../mk/ No such file or directory
You haven't run ./../configure yet.
gmake: *** [../mk/] Error 1

'Unrecognised platform'? But

Supported, including native-code generator. The same should also be true of NetBSD

So, what can I try now?