CVS build failure

Sven Panne Sven.Panne at aedion.de
Fri Nov 5 11:17:50 EST 2004

Peter Simons wrote:
> And some more information on the issue. When I run the
> configure script, I see this error message on the screen
> (which probably won't make it into the config.log output):
>
>  | checking for xmllint... /usr/bin/xmllint
>  | checking for DocBook DTD... ok
>  | checking for xsltproc... /usr/bin/xsltproc
>  | checking for DocBook XSL stylesheet directory...
>  |      ./configure: line 4557: 22276 Segmentation fault
>  |      $XsltprocCmd ${fp_var}/html/docbook.xsl conftest.xml
>  |      >/dev/null 2>&1
>  | no
>  | configure: WARNING: cannot find DocBook XSL stylesheets,
>  |      you will not be able to build the documentation
>
> The xsl stylesheets are installed at
>
>   /usr/share/sgml/docbook/xsl-stylesheets-1.65.1/
>
> on my machine, so configure _should_ find them.

Hmmm, a segfault while running xsltproc looks like a problem with
your setup (a Gentoo system). Are you able to run xsltproc with
the HTML DocBook stylesheet on a simple document by hand? And the
hardcore way of debugging would be

    sh -x ./configure <whatever you use>

and make the output available.

Cheers,