ghci and ld scripts

Duncan Coutts duncan.coutts at worcester.oxford.ac.uk
Mon May 24 05:00:00 EDT 2004

On Fri, 2004-05-21 at 17:22, Sven Panne wrote:
> Simon Peyton-Jones wrote:
> > We've no idea what to do here.  In your case it'd be possible to just
> > ignore the script, but presumably not so in general. [...]
>
> I've just made a quick test on my SuSE 9.1 Linux and it seems to be the
> case that an explicit "-lpthread" is not necessary anymore, even for
> programs using pthread calls. Strange, but handy. :-) Could you try if
> things work for you without adding "pthread" to extra_libraries?

That does seem to work, thanks. The joys of linker magic.

I guess that solves my immediate problem, but doesn't help answer
Simon's question of what we do in general. :-(

If we were using .so's for packages rather than .o's then we'd be using
the system linker and we wouldn't have the problem, but that is a longer
term project.

Duncan